Going to the gym every morning, I’m starting to see the emergence of a trend that honestly just baffles me. It seems that in today’s world, where you live and die by your Tinder profile pictures, all the kids think it’s kosher to put leg day on hold in favor of bigger arms and pecs. I’m here to tell you that’s bullshit. In case you find yourself looking like a light bulb, here are 10 reasons why you shouldn’t skip leg day.
- First and foremost, you will look better naked. I can’t stress how important this is.
- Jump out of the gym in intramural basketball. You won’t make your suburbs proud with a 10-inch vertical.
- Leg day hurts sometimes. That’s a good thing. Leg day will help kill the little bitch inside of you.
- You are putting your house on your back. To do that, you’ll need a good foundation.
- Your girl can’t have bigger legs than you. And if she doesn’t squat, you need to reevaluate your priorities. Seriously.
- More leg day = more testosterone. If you don’t understand the benefits of this, you should be on our sister site, TSM. Not here.
- You can’t spell squad without quad.
- Better sex. Not only do the health benefits translate into a better time in the sack, but 50% of your workouts can also become power positions when you’re knocking boots. (See Barbell Glute Bridge, a.k.a. Power Bottom 101)
- Moderately serious now: punching power. For those of you that don’t know, a great deal of your punching power is generated in your legs. And if Johnny Liberal calls you a pussy and you can’t knock him into next week, well, you are a pussy. And being a pussy isn’t a good thing. Unless you live by “you are what you eat,” but even that is kinda meh.
- If you don’t agree with any of the above, at least do leg day so you don’t look like this kid:
Stop the pussification of America, #legday2016..