Ron Swanson is a goddamn American hero. He embodies everything great about this country. Here are some of the most patriotic quotes from the iconic Parks and Recreation character in celebration of the 4th of July.
- “History began on July Fourth, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake.”
- “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-oz. t-bone and a 24-oz. porterhouse. Also, whisky and a cigar. I am going to consume all this at the same time because I am an American.”
- “I would sooner visit Europe than have something romantic happen between us.”
- “The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that’s beautiful.”
- “Crying is only acceptable in 2 places: funerals and the Grand Canyon.”
- “Capitalism is the only way … It makes America great, England OK, and France terrible.”
- “The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teet until they have sore, chapped nipples”
- “When I walked in this morning and saw that the flag was half-mast, I thought ‘Alright, another bureaucrat ate it!'”
- “America: the only country that matters. If you want to experience “other cultures,” use an atlas or a Ham radio.”
- “Child labor laws are ruining this country.”
- “There is only one bad word: taxes.”
- “My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room at a desk and the only thing he’s allowed to decide is who to nuke.”
- “Dammit I love this country so much.”
- “Capitalism: God’s way of determining who is smart and who is poor.”
- “Shorts over six inches are capri pants, shorts under six inches are European.”
America. Nuff said. Happy 4th of July..
For the fastest way to keep up with TFM, download our free smartphone app.
Image via YouTube