A Ranking Of The 20 Most Powerful Militaries In The World

Email this to a friend

Nice Move

095934bfd32d3f956df53b488d4ffd4b-1024x640

The United States military runs the show. Just ask King George, Bin Laden, Germany (twice), Japan, Saddam Hussein, and anyone else we’ve rolled through. They can testify to the strength of the American military. But how does the rest of the world stack up?

Credit Suisse put together a publication that included a ranking of the world’s most powerful militaries. The factors that went into the score included: number of active personnel (5% of total score), tanks (10%), attack helicopters (15%), aircraft (20%), aircraft carriers (25%), and submarines (25%). Here are the results:

20. Canada 0.10
19. Indonesia – 0.12
18. Germany – 0.19
17. Poland – 0.23
16. Thailand – 0.28
15. Australia – 0.30
14. Israel – 0.32
13. Taiwan – 0.32
12. Egypt – 0.34
11. Pakistan – 0.41
10. Turkey – 0.47
9. United Kingdom – 0.50
8. Italy – 0.52
7. South Korea – 0.52
6. France – 0.61
5. India – 0.69
4. Japan – 0.72
3. China – 0.79
2. Russia – 0.80
1. United States – 0.94

In addition to being an overwhelming number one seed, the United States’ $600B+ military budget is more than the next nine countries combined. Bring it on, world.

[via Credit Suisse]

Comments

You must be logged in to comment. Log in or create an account.

Click to Read Comments (26)