April Fools’ Day Joke Causes Apartment To Go Up In Flames

Email this to a friend

Nice Move

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 4.24.01 PM

An apartment near the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University caught fire after an alleged April Fools’ Day prank went awry.

From Fox 17:

Units from four fire departments were called to a fire at 4932 W. Campus Drive, apartment B4, near the Allendale campus of GVSU Wednesday morning.

Capt. David Pelton with the Allendale Fire Department said four girls lived inside the apartment that caught fire. He said one of them tossed a firework at a roommate in an upper level bedroom, which landed in a laundry hamper, igniting the contents.

A girl not being able to pull off a simple prank, freaking out and then running from the problem hoping it would go away is the meatball served up right down broadway in batting practice. I’m just expected to knock it twenty rows deep. There’s no glory in that. I’m keeping the bat firmly rested on my shoulder, watching it into the catcher’s mit, and leaving that aspect of the story alone.

The real problem is April Fools’ as a whole. Not only is every unoriginal prick you know encouraged to participate, but they feel obligated. That’s why your timeline is chock-full of fake engagement and pregnancy announcements. “Hardy har har har, me and Amanda are having a baby. Ain’t that a hoot?” No, Dave, it’s actually anything but a laughing matter. The very thought of you reproducing is terrifying.

Then you have the jokesters that feel the need to be an inconvenience in real life. Oh cool, you drew giant penises all over my car windows. Really glad I’m already running late for my dream job interview. No, it’s cool. Just don’t get upset when I return the favor and murder you. What’s wrong? It’s only a joke. Pick your cold, lifeless body up and laugh. It’s funny, right? Right? Dave?

[via Fox 17]


You must be logged in to comment. Log in or create an account.

Click to Read Comments (36)