Bubba Watson To Sign With Oakley, Make M-Frames Cool Againby Roger_Dorn 11 months ago
Oakley M-frames, the orignal coolest-motherfucker-on-the-block mirrored lens sunglasses, have taken a way-too-long hiatus from the mainstream. The “Revive the Oakley brand” movement fell flat on its face when Zach Johnson tried to make it cool to wear them behind his head, but he doesn’t carry enough badass in his sack to pull off a move like that.
Insert Bubba Watson, baddest dude on the Tour. The lefty parts with longtime sponsor Travis Matthews, as confirmed by the below post from their Twitter account. Bubba leaves “the clothier he’s been associated with for three years [to] join Ryder Cup teammate Zach Johnson at Oakley starting tomorrow.”
(Click to go to their Twitter page, then click again to enlarge.)
Travis Mathew release Dec. 31 2012 twitter.com/TRAVISMATHEW/s…
— Travis Mathew(@TRAVISMATHEW) December 31, 2012
As you probably guessed, I cannot confirm that Bubba will throw on the old school M-frames. But if anyone on Tour can get this mirrored-lens phoenix to rise from the ashes, it’s Bubba.
[via SB Nation]
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at email@example.com.
Also by Roger_Dorn
- FIJI Pledges Go Clark W. Griswold On 13-Foot Campus Christmas Tree, Get Busted
- Naked Photos Of Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Are Hotter Than You’d Think
- Bad Advice from Roger Dorn
- UM Sigma Chi Sued For Firing Cannon At Old Man’s Face
- The Many Faces Of Devastation – Bama Fans React To Iron Bowl Thriller