Newt 2012

Love him or hate him, the recent polls have Newt Gingrich as the front runner of the GOP contenders. What are your thoughts?

1. 0

Gingrich is the smartest person running for President, but he can never get elected. You have to dumb your rhetoric down to the average voter. Only Romney has the appeal to get nominated, but he could never get elected. If the GOP were smart, they’d go for Jon Huntsman. Conservative economically, moderate socially, and extremely savvy on foreign issues, so he appeals to pretty much everyone. He would kill Obama in the general election, but for some reason everyone ignores him.

^ ThisTake a lapQuote • 3 years ago
  2. 0

He has my vote. He’s the most pro business guy out there and and has actually said he would bring back a system based on reaganomics. I dont give a shit what you think of his morals, he had multiple slams but then settled down, he smoked weed in college but then stopped when he actually had a fucking life. He’s the most frat guy in the race right now and is probably the only one out of all the other morons that can fix the economy. Fuck all of you. Newt 2012.

3. 0

FranklinDBroosevelt said:

Gingrich is the smartest person running for President, but he can never get elected. You have to dumb your rhetoric down to the average voter. Only Romney has the appeal to get nominated, but he could never get elected. If the GOP were smart, they’d go for Jon Huntsman. Conservative economically, moderate socially, and extremely savvy on foreign issues, so he appeals to pretty much everyone. He would kill Obama in the general election, but for some reason everyone ignores him.

Well said. Also, keep in mind that Newt is too much of a ticking time bomb to win the nomination.

4. 0

Newt is about as electable as most of us were sober last night. There’s a reason the serious candidates (Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie) are waiting for 2016. So should we.

5. 0

Keep Fay Town fratty said:

He has my vote. He’s the most pro business guy out there and and has actually said he would bring back a system based on reaganomics. I dont give a shit what you think of his morals, he had multiple slams but then settled down, he smoked weed in college but then stopped when he actually had a fucking life. He’s the most frat guy in the race right now and is probably the only one out of all the other morons that can fix the economy. Fuck all of you. Newt 2012.

That would be a good campaign slogan. “Fuck all of you. Vote Newt 2012″

6. 0

First it was Rick Perry, then it was Herman Cain, now it is Newt Gingrich…… this is seriously a joke. Who’s next? Rick Santorum? The GOP is killing themselves right now and making it easier for Obama to be re-elected.

7. 0

frat_army said:

First it was Rick Perry, then it was Herman Cain, now it is Newt Gingrich…… this is seriously a joke. Who’s next? Rick Santorum? The GOP is killing themselves right now and making it easier for Obama to be re-elected.

this is what always happens it rotates freely after the debates it’ll settle down by the summer and well see who the real candidate is

8. 0

Huntsman/Paul would be fucking bad ass, everyone else is a fool.

Gringrich has an incredibly poor history of ethics, and failures. The only reason he is even the front runner currently is because the media’s attempts to prop up Bachmann, Perry, and Cain (In that order) have all fizzled out. The fact that Newt is currently the “front runner” is a prime example of how historically weak the GOP is currently.

Newt is a shining example of what stupid people consider intelligent. There is no way in hell he would beat Obama either — he just doesn’t relate, and his far right police state ideas aren’t too popular currently.

Huntsman, Paul, or Romney are the only sensible choices, and each of those have their flaws.

Huntsman would be amazing due to his foreign experience ( I mean think of how awesome it would be to have a president who SPEAKS Chinese)

Paul would be great because he is a true statesmen, and although some of his ideology may be out of reach — his views on militarism would so drastically change our culture we might actually be able to return to some semblance of sanity to the rest of the world. ( FYI if you don’t think we caused 9/11 through our foreign intervention then you are living in ignorance)

And Romney represents that safe choice candidate that actually would “stand up” to Obama. Although he really is just the GOP’s version of Obama — and we wouldn’t see much change with him either.

In all honesty, for me it is either Paul, and if he doesn’t receive the nomination — then Obama. Because the rest are tools and fools people.

9. 0

Also anyone who looks at the data, Reaganomics has been a terrible failure and the only thing that has trickled down over the past 30 years has been bankruptcy and growing economic gaps. When compared to productivity increases this has very, very bleak outlooks for our children’s generations if we continue down this path.

10. 0

Newt is too upper-class to get elected. If he would come down a few levels and attempt to educate the lower class, he would have a shot. He’s got the policies to turn this country back in the right direction. However, the liberal media will associate him with the 1%, and because he’s not going to try to change that reputation, independents and liberals are going to see him as so and not vote for him. I’m just hoping that he is the GOP’s flavor of the month and that Ron Paul will soon get a chance to spread his doctrine. Once he gets media coverage and people begin to understand what he stands for, he will have a shot at the nomination.

11. 0

I like Newt but the fact he’s surged is evidence how fickle the voters are. There is hope for Paul yet. My only problem with Paul is that a lot of his supporters are pretty flaky. I’d be satisfied with Newt, but I’m still voting Paul. Hopefully he’ll get New Hampshire and then shock-wave across the rest of the country.

If Paul gets the Republican vote would wind up getting swathes of independents and democrats and basically seal the deal.

12. 0

Probably 70% of the GOP is just begging for anyone other than Romney. I think once everyone on the anti-Romney GOP brigade settles on who the non-Romney candidate is, that person will get the nomination. Then that candidate just need to get Marco Rubio on the ticket and the future will be bright.

You must be logged in to reply. Login here or Create an account.