Harvard Students Used To Be Pretty Big Fans Of Hitler, Even Started A Student Group In His Honorby 11 months ago
The Harvard Crimson, Harvard University’s student newspaper, has a weekly feature on its website highlighting interesting Crimson stories throughout its history. Today they had an exceptionally interesting one from 1934.
Chancellor Adolph Hitler has refused to authorize the use of his name to a group of his disciples at Harvard, it was revealed yesterday. About three weeks ago a group of students who have grown to admire the Nazi leader decided to establish a club for the purpose of studying the dictator’s policies. A letter was sent to the Chancellor asking for permission to use the name “Hitler Haven.”
Charles E. Schwer ’37, leader of the group, received a letter yesterday from Baron von Tippelskirch, German Consul General in Boston, saying that Chancellor Hitler had asked him to inform the students that it was against his policy to authorize the use of his name for organizations of any kind.
You would, Harvard. You think you can just do whatever you want because you’re all smart and elite? Well you can’t! Charles Lindbergh barely got away with being a Nazi sympathizer, and he conquered the fucking sky. This probably would have turned into a Che Guevara thing if Hitler hadn’t, you know, murdered 12 million people in a genocide and tried to rape the free world.
Also, a few things jump out about this story.
1) I believe “Hitler Haven” is currently a Neo-Nazi B&B tucked away in the south Appalachian foothills.
2) Good thing Charles Schwer graduated in 1937, because those meetings probably started to get real awkward shortly after.
3) According to Ancestry.com, Schwer is at least in some instances a Jewish name. Awkward.
4) Baron von Tippelskirch sounds 100% made up. Apparently the Third Reich was being run by German cartoon characters.
I wonder if any of Hitler Haven’s members got upset and complained to the Harvard dean about their rejection. If so it probably looked something like this:
Well done Harvard.
[via The Harvard Crimson]
Images via Screen Rant
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at email@example.com.
- George Bush Pulls Greatest Sock-Related Power Move Ever, Wears Pair With His Own Face On Them
- 10 Items Of Male Apparel In A Sorority Girl’s Closet
- Satan’s Engagement Ring For Sale On Craigslist, Comes With Minor Side Effects
- Bitter Chinese Wife Keys Car During Auto Show, Uncomfortable For Everyone
- Microsoft Solving Stress-Eating With A Bra