Infograph: Which States Produce The Best College Football Players?by Roger_Dorn 11 months ago
Because college football fans don’t already have enough to fight over, ESPN decides to throw gas on this ever-burning inferno of arguments. Next topic: which states produce the best talent?
Question: Where do the best college football players come from?
Follow-up: Where did the best college football players come from a few decades ago?
Last question: Has there been a sizable change?
To find the answers, ESPN’s RecruitingNation scanned the rosters of the nation’s top programs in 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010, looking at the home states of the players who comprised these teams.
From there, ESPN and InfographicWorld.com divided the results into two maps: One showing players from 1940 to 1970, and the other from 1980 to 2010.
Below are the findings (further explained in this Insider-only chart). Chief among them: Texas rules. Pennsylvania and Ohio, too? Maybe back in the day. But now it’s California and Florida that join the Lone Star State atop the recruiting chart.
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at email@example.com.
Also by Roger_Dorn
- My Thoughts From The Front Row Of The VS Fashion Show
- U of M Pledges Cuffed And Stuffed After Trying To Break Into The Big House
- Sigma Chi Pledge Turns Local News Report Audio Into Badass Hazing House Music
- Hottest Sororities In The United States: Kappa Kappa Gamma, OSU vs. Zeta Tau Alpha, UF
- “Red Lightning” Is FSU’s Ball Boy And He’s Better At His Job Than You’ll Ever Be At Yours