Trending Now

Comments

You must be logged in to comment. Log in or create an account.

1. 0
    ChiO1991

I won’t comment on sorority ranks since I’m biased but I will say something about the fraternities.
    All fraternities are great at ole miss (with the exception of some of the lower tiers) but in the past KA, Sigma Chi, Phi Delt, and Sigma Nu have been considered the best of the best. However, in the past year some things have changed. Sigma Nu has fallen lately and Kappa Sig has risen pretty fast. You could put Kappa Sig in the new top tier and lower Sigma Nu. It really differs between people. These are the rankings I (and my sisters) see:

Top:

Beta
    Phi Tau
    Sigma Pi

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  2. 0
    OldCrowMedicineBro

I would definitely agree with this ranking. Everyone keeps saying that the rankings at Ole Miss are caught up in a certain tradition and they never change, but a quick conversation with any alumnus would change your mind. After talking with several alumni of various ages, the only two Greek organizations that have always been “the best” are Chi O and Phi Delt. The rest move up and down (staying within the same range of course). It is pretty obvious even within the four years (or more) that people spend here. I mean when I first rushed, Sigma Nu was the best of the best, but after my years here (I am a senior), they have fallen a bit. Yes they are still widely considered top tier, but they are not close to #1. But this ranking if probably the best I’ve seen (though I would put Phi Delt as #1 haha).
    That said, one fraternity always confused me when it came to rankings: Delta Psi. I mean they are really weird and really strange, but yet they keep a form of exclusivity by being the “smart” fraternity. And they are the most exclusive chapter-wise as well (they only have a few chapters nation wide at nationally renowned schools). I understand that by being the smart ones they are the weird ones most times though haha.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago

Lower:
    Phi Psi
    Delta Psi
    Beta
    Phi Tau
    Sigma Pi

Very good rankings, don’t think you would find many to dispute them. Except I think that sigma chi is headed towards the middle because of their uncharacteristically small pledge class this year. None the less, great guys just an off year.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  4. 0
    1300mmm

So anyways… Back to the topic at hand, if I’m described as by far the preppiest guy of all my friends, and am very conservative etc. Which house would be best? Iv heard ΣΧ and ΣΑΕ are both good but could you go into more detail?

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  5. 0
    JacksonandLamar

1300mmm said:

Wow no way you’re preppy and conservative? sounds like your also not in a fraternity, so why are you on tfm.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  6. 0
    JacksonandLamar

1300mmm said:

JacksonandLamar said:

1300mmm said:

Haha most people here aren’t in one anyways, but if it helps i’ve had 4 generations of my family graduate from Yale (all skull and bones members), we own the best international human resources firm in the western hemisphere, I’m the captain on my lacrosse team at boys Latin, my grandfather helped with the Reagan bush campgaighn, and we own 3 sailboats…

Oh so your a yankee who likes to brag about wealth… we don’t want you at ole miss sorry.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  7. 0
    ATYOLO

I am an ATO at alabama. but i know a ton of girls that go to ole miss and are mainly KDs and DDD’s. when i talk to them they all say the top 3 tier fraternities at ole miss are in this order KA, Phi Delt, and sigma nu. They said sigma chi only received 50 pledges which for ole miss is extremely small so they are no longer top tier. and that sigma nu is still top tier but is soon to be replaced with ATO as ATO without a doubt had the best pledge class this past year. They said ATO’s pledge class was significantly better than the rest of the ole miss greek system. This isnt my opinion as i honestly dont give a shit cuz i go to alabama, but this is just what the girls i know from KD and DDD said. dont hate on me, hate on the girls that said that if you dont agree

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 2 years ago