Trending Now

Comments

You must be logged in to comment. Log in or create an account.

1. 0
    olemissprincess

Hazing Canes said:

ive got a buddy that is a Pike legacy headed to Ole Miss and is considering pledging. Other than the obvious that pike blows cock everywhere, someone please tell me about their reputation on campus so i can save this kid from the worst mistake of his life.

(from a girls prospective) I have a lot of friends who are pikes and they aren’t as terrible as everyone makes pikes out to be! Not at ole miss at least. They’re known for being so rowdy here but doesn’t every fraternity have those guys? They do like to fight a lot though.. Not sure what’s up with that. Overall Pikes are okay at ole miss. Definitely not a low tier fraternity.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  2. 0
    betabetabeta

UM Phi Psi said:

Phi Psi is the best frat on campus. Just ask any pi phi, aopi, or kappa.

You’re kidding. Phi Psis bring in a bunch of shit heads who didn’t get bids anywhere else every year.They’re the kids from schools other frats rush hard but deliberately cut, so they end up at Phi Psi on bid day.

It is interesting how you mention the 3 lowest ranked sororities that aren’t theta as sources, though.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  3. 0
    ChiO1991

I won’t comment on sorority ranks since I’m biased but I will say something about the fraternities.
    All fraternities are great at ole miss (with the exception of some of the lower tiers) but in the past KA, Sigma Chi, Phi Delt, and Sigma Nu have been considered the best of the best. However, in the past year some things have changed. Sigma Nu has fallen lately and Kappa Sig has risen pretty fast. You could put Kappa Sig in the new top tier and lower Sigma Nu. It really differs between people. These are the rankings I (and my sisters) see:

Top:

Beta
    Phi Tau
    Sigma Pi

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  4. 0
    OldCrowMedicineBro

I would definitely agree with this ranking. Everyone keeps saying that the rankings at Ole Miss are caught up in a certain tradition and they never change, but a quick conversation with any alumnus would change your mind. After talking with several alumni of various ages, the only two Greek organizations that have always been “the best” are Chi O and Phi Delt. The rest move up and down (staying within the same range of course). It is pretty obvious even within the four years (or more) that people spend here. I mean when I first rushed, Sigma Nu was the best of the best, but after my years here (I am a senior), they have fallen a bit. Yes they are still widely considered top tier, but they are not close to #1. But this ranking if probably the best I’ve seen (though I would put Phi Delt as #1 haha).
    That said, one fraternity always confused me when it came to rankings: Delta Psi. I mean they are really weird and really strange, but yet they keep a form of exclusivity by being the “smart” fraternity. And they are the most exclusive chapter-wise as well (they only have a few chapters nation wide at nationally renowned schools). I understand that by being the smart ones they are the weird ones most times though haha.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago

Lower:
    Phi Psi
    Delta Psi
    Beta
    Phi Tau
    Sigma Pi

Very good rankings, don’t think you would find many to dispute them. Except I think that sigma chi is headed towards the middle because of their uncharacteristically small pledge class this year. None the less, great guys just an off year.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  6. 0
    1300mmm

So anyways… Back to the topic at hand, if I’m described as by far the preppiest guy of all my friends, and am very conservative etc. Which house would be best? Iv heard ΣΧ and ΣΑΕ are both good but could you go into more detail?

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  7. 0
    JacksonandLamar

1300mmm said:

Wow no way you’re preppy and conservative? sounds like your also not in a fraternity, so why are you on tfm.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago