Trending Now

Comments

You must be logged in to comment. Log in or create an account.

1. 0
    ChiO1991

I won’t comment on sorority ranks since I’m biased but I will say something about the fraternities.
    All fraternities are great at ole miss (with the exception of some of the lower tiers) but in the past KA, Sigma Chi, Phi Delt, and Sigma Nu have been considered the best of the best. However, in the past year some things have changed. Sigma Nu has fallen lately and Kappa Sig has risen pretty fast. You could put Kappa Sig in the new top tier and lower Sigma Nu. It really differs between people. These are the rankings I (and my sisters) see:

Top:

Beta
    Phi Tau
    Sigma Pi

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  2. 0
    OldCrowMedicineBro

I would definitely agree with this ranking. Everyone keeps saying that the rankings at Ole Miss are caught up in a certain tradition and they never change, but a quick conversation with any alumnus would change your mind. After talking with several alumni of various ages, the only two Greek organizations that have always been “the best” are Chi O and Phi Delt. The rest move up and down (staying within the same range of course). It is pretty obvious even within the four years (or more) that people spend here. I mean when I first rushed, Sigma Nu was the best of the best, but after my years here (I am a senior), they have fallen a bit. Yes they are still widely considered top tier, but they are not close to #1. But this ranking if probably the best I’ve seen (though I would put Phi Delt as #1 haha).
    That said, one fraternity always confused me when it came to rankings: Delta Psi. I mean they are really weird and really strange, but yet they keep a form of exclusivity by being the “smart” fraternity. And they are the most exclusive chapter-wise as well (they only have a few chapters nation wide at nationally renowned schools). I understand that by being the smart ones they are the weird ones most times though haha.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  3. 0
    JacksonandLamar

1300mmm said:

So anyways… Back to the topic at hand, if I’m described as by far the preppiest guy of all my friends, and am very conservative etc. Which house would be best? Iv heard ΣΧ and ΣΑΕ are both good but could you go into more detail?

Wow no way you’re preppy and conservative? sounds like your also not in a fraternity, so why are you on tfm.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  4. 0
    1300mmm

JacksonandLamar said:

1300mmm said:

Haha most people here aren’t in one anyways, but if it helps i’ve had 4 generations of my family graduate from Yale (all skull and bones members), we own the best international human resources firm in the western hemisphere, I’m the captain on my lacrosse team at boys Latin, my grandfather helped with the Reagan bush campgaighn, and we own 3 sailboats…

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago
  5. 0
    Fratam West

Col_Reb_is_my_mascot said:

As much as I love being a student at Ole Miss, I really wish it was the school it was in the days of my father and my grandfather.

yeah man tell me about it. my dad tells me some crazy stories. always hounds me about how different it is now (the drinking age was also 18 then…)

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 2 years ago
  6. -1
    So_Gentlemen

Cant say too much bad, maybe and this just a maybe the houses are too big, people wise, and the alcohol laws kind of suck which hurts them a little but I’m use to being able to buy on campus.

^ ThisTake a lapReply • 3 years ago