Patriots: “Summer of Gronk is Over”by 1 year ago
Rob Gronkowski, everyone’s favorite wild-college-animal-trapped-in-a-grown-man’s-body super star athlete, has had an eventful summer, a summer that would even whet the heyday appetite of Broadway Joe Namath. He’s just doing what any other single, deep-pocketed star athlete with several jobless months would do. But now it’s time to wind it down, per the request of the New England Patriots front office.
It’s time to focus on football again. The party is over.
Gronkowski has reportedly been told to cut back on the public stunts and shirtless escapades, according to Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe.
“Via a league source, Gronkowski has been told by the team that his summer of Gronk, so to speak, is over,” she writes.
We all remember how Gronkowski began his offseason. This scene actually took place immediately after losing in the Super Bowl. Since he tore the club up that night, it’s been seemingly all downhill from there, and his clothing has seemingly become less and less of a priority.
He finally took it all off recently for ESPN The Magazine. Other recent notable Gronk moves include: numerous shirtless public appearances and poolside parties, porn star run-ins, Vegas nightclub dance-offs, and claiming he was going to take Tim Tebow’s virginity. I’m hoping for an early Patriots exit for the 2012 post-season. We need Gronk Offseason 2k13 to be even bigger and better.
- [via Fox Sports]
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some Arizona State Kid Is Advertising His Finals Week Drug Deals Via Twitter, Is Probably Actually A Cop
- VIDEO: Chicago Bulls Cheerleader Gets Proposed To During Performance
- In The Most Un-American Announcement Ever, NFL Declares There Will Be No Tailgating For This Year’s Super Bowl
- 19 Reasons Boxed Wine Is Better
- If You’re Looking For My Christmas Spirit, You Can Find It In The Liquor Cabinet