PHOTOS: Bald Eagle Owns Fisherman, Takes Fishby 1 year ago
The photoshop job on these photos is quite impressive considering the fisherman’s Ameriboner could be seen from the shoreline clear across the lake, purportedly. Bruce Huntley and Rick Warren were fishing for rainbow trout on Washington’s Lake Padden when our country’s most revered, impressive creature decided he’d take the fish off of Huntley’s line, leaving the angler in awe.
“I noticed the eagle had been watching us from the tree, did one circle, went right over his head. I yelled ‘watch out,’ Warren told Yahoo News in a phone interview. Warren, an aspiring photographer, says he’d heard stories of birds stealing fish from humans on Lake Padden, but neither he nor Huntley had ever seen anything quite like the bold eagle that literally snapped Huntley’s fishing line and flew off with his catch. “He was a little shocked,” Warren said of Huntley’s reaction. “He said you could almost feel the compression coming off the wings, less than a foot from his face.” “He came out of the tree and scared the holy bejesus out of me,” Huntley told the Bellingham Herald.
America, you beautiful bitch.
- [via Yahoo! News]
- [h/t Hammered of Dawn]
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at email@example.com.
- Microsoft Solving Stress-Eating With A Bra
- Cristiano Ronaldo To Open Museum Dedicated To Himself
- The Best Paul Walker Story You’ll Ever Hear, Seriously Read This
- KA At Maryland Live-Tweeted Their Room Draft And It Was Hilarious
- VIDEO: Police Clash With Drunk Arizona State Students Rioting Over Pac 12 Championship Tickets