One of the two newest Big 12 members announces its presence with authority. West Virginia is coming in strong in the Princeton Review’s latest edition of the nation’s Top 20 Party Schools, representing the top party school. The list was compiled based on surveys from 122,000 students in their final year of school.
A few observations:
– The Midwest is coming in hot at the top, surprisingly.
– No schools from Arizona?
– My geography knowledge is a little shaky, but only one school from west of Iowa? And it’s UC Santa Barbara?
– Five SEC schools. Expected.
– Where the shit is BYU? I heard those guys are into all kinds of weird shit.
– The Big 12 is lacking, only holding down two spots. Same with the ACC.
– University of Maine in Orono. I saw that comin’ from a mile away.
Here’s the list:
1. West Virginia University, Morgantown
2. University of Iowa, Iowa City
3. Ohio University, Athens
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
5. University of Georgia, Athens
6. University of Florida, Gainesville
7. University of California-Santa Barbara
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee
9. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford
10. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
11. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
12. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
13. University of Wisconsin-Madison
14. University of Mississippi
15. University of Texas-Austin
16. University of Maryland, College Park
17. University of South Carolina, Columbia
18. James Madison University, Harrisonburg Va.
19. University of Maine, Orono
20. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- [via AP]