The saying “act like you’ve been there before” definitely applies to social media. No one needs to see you tweeting about how much beer you’re going to drink tonight or how hungover you are after a night of partying. That’s just a bad look. Feels like you’re trying to convince your peers that you are in the cool crowd or some shit. Spoiler alert: you’re not. This obviously happens a lot with college students. Some schools do it more often than others, though.
A content marketing firm named Fractl ranked universities based on which ones tweet the most about alcohol. The data compiled is from the 2014-2015 school year, and the company used the buzzwords “drunk,” “drinking,” “alcohol,” “booze,” “beer” and “wine” to determine which schools tweeted the most about their consumption. They then broke it down by large schools — those with enrollment over 15,000 — and medium schools — those with enrollment from 10,000-15,000. Huffington Post published the results.
1. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2. West Virginia University
3. Virginia Commonwealth University
4. Ohio University
5. California State University, Chico
6. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
7. University of South Carolina
8. Boise State University
9.Eastern Michigan University
10. Bowling Green State University
At least UNC can say they won something in the last 24 hours.
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2. Savannah College of Art and Design
3. College of Charleston
4. Johnson & Wales University
5. Tufts University
6. Strayer University
7. University of Southern Maine
8. Yale University
9. University of Michigan – Flint
10. University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Ha! Nerds tweeting about alcohol. Priceless..
[via Huffington Post]