If you’ve been the funniest person in every room you’ve walked into and possess the ability to translate your humor to written words, I flat out need you to write for us. We’re looking for hilarious, talented writers who understand the unique voice of our site to join our remote writing team. It would also be great if your grammar didn’t suck, but if you have the talent, we’ll work with you either way. We’ll pay you, too, with real money.
Total Frat Move is seeking the funniest, most creative writers in the country to submit an original piece and blow us away. If you prove you can contribute quality content consistently, we will make you an offer to join our freelance writing team.
So, why would you want to write for TFM?
1. The Grandex network attracts between 12 and 22 million unique visitors each month. Bottom line: Your work will be read by many, many people.
2. It’s great experience. For you journalism majors and aspiring writers, this is a great résumé addition and a foot in the industry door. You also get to experience firsthand the inner workings of a successful website. Most of our full-time, in-house writing staff started writing for us this way.
3. You get paid per published piece.
4. It’s just a lot of fun.
What are we looking for in your writing?
Generally speaking, we are looking for writers who stand out from a pack of good writers, because their pieces are clearly a cut above the rest. The ideal addition to our team is uniquely funny and can relate to our audience while upholding the style and voice of TFM. The same old bullshit we’ve read a thousand times from aspiring writers will not be considered. If you think it may be a bit plain or unoriginal, delete it and start over. If you use “bro” and “frat” with sincerity, your piece will get trashed and I won’t even send you a courtesy rejection email. If you can’t write a compelling headline, bye.
Be these things:
2. Grammatically adequate.
3. Relatable to our broad audience.
5. And dedicated. If you’re a fit, we’d like for you to write early, often, and for a long time.
If you’re interested and think you’re the ideal candidate to write for us, please send me an email (email@example.com) with this subject line: TFM WRITER: [your first and last name], along with 100 words about why you’d own this position. I will instruct you from there. Please do not email me unless you are prepared to prove you’re a quality writer with an original writing sample, which I will provide details on with my response to you..