The 25 Most Dangerous College Campuses in the U.S.by 1 year ago
The list was compiled by Business Insider. It shows our country’s 25 most dangerous college campuses.
The FBI’s Unified Crime Report identified 2,696 violent crime incidents and 87,160 property crime incidents on and around college campuses in 2011.
We ranked the most dangerous colleges by averaging FBI crime data per capita from 2008 to 2011 for schools with enrollment over 10,000. Schools were ranked based on a combination of violent crime rank and property crime rank, with violent crime weighted four times higher.
So, here is the list. There are a few eyebrow-raisers in there.
25. Florida State University
24. University of California — Riverside
23. Arkansas State University — Jonesboro
22. State University of New York College — Buffalo
21. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
20. Western Illinois University
19. California State University — Fresno
18. Rutgers University
17. Northern Arizona University
16. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
15. Southern Illinois University
14. University of Cincinnati
13. Indiana State University
12. Ball State University
11. Georgia Institute of Technology
10. Louisiana State University
9. University of South Alabama
8. University of New Mexico
7. San Diego State University
6. Vanderbilt University
5. Florida A&M University
4. Duke University
3. University of California — Berkeley
2. New Mexico State University
1. University of California — Los Angeles
The full write-up (linked below) provides much more in-depth information. UCLA goes hard, though, huh?
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at email@example.com.