Two Arizona Football Players Trade Haymakers on Sidelineby Roger_Dorn 12 months ago
A good old-fashioned game of sports fisticuffs is traditionally reserved for the opposition, but when the Arizona Wildcats found themselves down 21-0 to Nevada in the first quarter due to some anemic defensive play, two of their defenders turned on each other. The agressor was defensive lineman Tevin Hood, who lands a clean right straight to the face of fellow linebacker Cody Ippolito, a freshman reserve player who I’m going to assume learned a good lesson in spouting off to an upperclassman.
Here’s the video:
Both players were sent to the locker room at different times to cool off, an in-game college football version of timeout, I guess.
Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez didn’t say what caused the fight, but said he wasn’t happy with it. “But as soon as I heard what happened, we sent the guys in the locker room,” Rodriguez said according to the Tucson Citizen. “They went home, I believe, with their parents. So it was embarrassing, but I didn’t see it, so I can’t comment on it.”
The scuffle seemed to light a fire under the Zona defense, though, as they fought their way back into the game, tied it up, and eventually won after scoring two touchdowns in the final minute of the game.
Here’s the fight in .gif form via SB Nation:
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also by Roger_Dorn
- My Thoughts From The Front Row Of The VS Fashion Show
- U of M Pledges Cuffed And Stuffed After Trying To Break Into The Big House
- Sigma Chi Pledge Turns Local News Report Audio Into Badass Hazing House Music
- Hottest Sororities In The United States: Kappa Kappa Gamma, OSU vs. Zeta Tau Alpha, UF
- “Red Lightning” Is FSU’s Ball Boy And He’s Better At His Job Than You’ll Ever Be At Yours