News

U of M SAE House Catches On Fire

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 4.12.24 PM

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon mansion in Ann Arbor, Mich., is one of the most storied fraternity houses in the Midwest. It’s straight out of “MTV Cribs” and it even brought home a respectable silver medal in TFM’s Top 10 Frat Houses In The Big Ten. All the tradition and alumni donations in the world, however, couldn’t stop the SAE house from going up in flames two weeks ago.

Crews from the Ann Arbor Fire Department were called to the blaze at 5:37 a.m., according to a release.

Firefighters rescued 20 residents from the building and four of them were taken to the hospital with unknown injures, the release said.

The fire was contained to the front area of the building, but there was smoke damage on all floors. Crews had the blaze under control in about 20 minutes, according to the release.

fratfirejpg-75bfefa45b48be23

It’s a shame to see this fine piece of architecture catch fire. That type of heat should be reserved for its rightful place underneath Brady Hoke’s seat.

No word yet on what started the fire. Any excuse to mumble your way through “We Didn’t Start The Fire” until you reach “BROOKLYN’S GOT A WINNING TEAM,” I suppose.

Alternatively, maybe some SAE did it because he thought it was good sport–because some brothers aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, hazed, blackballed, or sent to J-Board. Some brothers just want to watch the world burn.

It’s just good to hear everyone’s okay.

[via MLive]

Email this to a friend

J Parks Caldwell

J. Parks Caldwell is a senior contributing writer for Total Frat Move, Rowdy Gentleman, and Post Grad Problems. He frequently blesses the rains down in Africa.

8 Comments You must log in to comment, or create an account
Show Comments

For More Photos and Videos

Latest podcasts

Download Our App

Take TFM with you. Get

New Stories

Load More