On Friday, we reported about the incidents that occurred at the University of San Diego that resulted in the suspension of Alpha Phi and sanctions against Delta Tau Delta and Phi Gamma Delta. As you all know, there are always two sides to every story. Multiple sources who have chosen to remain anonymous emailed us asking that we post the other side of the story, their side, one that differs from what the Vista posted.
Here is another version of what went down:
• Girl on girl “lap dances.” Where girls essentially shook their butts for a mere three seconds.
• Alcohol was involved, but consumption was optional. Sounds like it was more of a party than “hazing.”
• The girls were blindfolded when they were taken into the house, aka nothing exciting really happened here. Much similar to that of a surprise party.
• No physical contact occurred between boys and girls.
• There were two separate incidents at two separate houses, which is why there are two different fraternities involved.
• The information given to the Vista for their article was not given to Alpha Phi by the school when the girls asked for it during an appeal.
• The information was plastered all over campus and online for the world to see.
All of this apparently has had an effect on the lives of all the individuals affected by these sanctions. Here is an account of what’s been going on at the school since the story came to light.
In lieu of all of this, it blew up on social media. People shared the USD Vista article all over Facebook with comments about how “despicable” we are. People on yik yak have been posting things calling us rapists, saying we perpetuate rape culture and had boys stick their dicks in our new members face. Which is SO FALSE. People have been asking us if we made our new members give boys blow jobs, which we would never do as sexual assault is something we would NEVER condone as a chapter. It has turned to cyber bullying and harassment towards Alpha Phi, something we never expected from our USD community.
When it was all said and done, Alpha Phi admitted to hazing and terminated the members involved. However, the school still determined that wasn’t enough and banned them for four years..
Image via YouTube