This past Saturday, an Ole Miss student was brutally taken down by what is undoubtedly the bravest and toughest cop in the world around the end of a field party at Foxfire Ranch in Mississippi. The party was attended by over a thousand people, many of whom were Ole Miss students.
Here’s the video, sent in by a reader.
A few notes on the video, in chronological order:
– At around 0:08, you can hear the officer — purportedly of the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department and off duty — tell a different student who he appears to have already been addressing, “Get your hands off of me.”
– Meanwhile, the kid in the Tim Duncan jersey, who the officer is not currently addressing, is tapping the officer on his shoulder, clearly trying to talk to him.
– The officer turns to Tim Duncan jersey kid, sees the chance to be a hero, and pounces like a red, white, and blue puma of freedom.
– Tim Duncan jersey kid is pushed back and thrown down in front of what appears to be a group of security guards, most of whom are wearing white shirts, unlike the officer, who is wearing a dark shirt and a vest that says “Sheriff.” One security guard appears to be wearing a dark shirt that reads “Security.” They look like the supporting bouncers in “Roadhouse.”
– Another more officially dressed man, possibly an officer (he is similarly dressed to the man in the “Sheriff” vest), flies in from off screen to assist. The security guards jump into the scrum as well, but quickly back off while the other two handle Tim Duncan jersey kid.
– Some girl walks past the screen wearing a candy necklace and says, “Literally let’s fucking go. I’m not doing it. I’m not.” She’s not having a great day, apparently.
– The only person having a worse day than candy necklace girl, Tim Duncan jersey guy, is now being wrestled by the officer and another similarly dressed man who also appears to be an officer.
– You can hear a cracklin’. Ole sparky is out. Tim Duncan jersey kid is getting tazed.
– Not to be outdone by the taser, the police officer who first tackled Tim Duncan jersey kid gives the poor bastard a taste of his electric fists. And by that I mean the officer starts pounding on Tim Duncan jersey kid’s face into the ground, as is standard procedure.
– More tazing. This kid in the Tim Duncan jersey just won’t go down. He’s got the staying power of the actual Tim Duncan.
– And the officer gives Tim Duncan jersey kid another six punches to the head, which is of course, again, standard procedure.
– Somehow, Tim Duncan jersey kid gets up, but is still being wrestled.
Sadly, that’s all the video we have of our two American heroes and the shoulder tapping terrorist Ole Miss student in the Tim Duncan jersey.
There is, as they say, more to the story, though. This according to WREG:
Some of the students left the property and were walking in the road and ignoring security officers, the sheriff’s department said.
Anthony Scott Cantu, 20, is accused of head butting a security guard and breaking his nose.
The sheriff’s department said Cantu continued to resist after an off-duty deputy arrived to help the security guard.
More Marshall County deputies arrived.
Cantu was arrested and charged with felony simple assault on a police officer.
It’s not easy to tell if the kid in the Tim Duncan jersey was actually Anthony Cantu. They look similar, from what you can see. Whether or not it is, it seems unlikely that the officer immediately identified him as the head-butter and took him down. Rather, it seemed like the officer was frustrated and pissed off. And if it was Cantu, I’m not sure why he’d be trying to talk to a police officer if they were looking for him for head-butting a security guard. But hey, who knows? Drunk people do dumb shit. Not as dumb as cops with small dicks and no sense of purpose, but still, pretty dumb..