Alcohol and fire are frequently a recipe for disaster. Usually, someone inadvertently lights something on fire or a post-game couch burning gets a little out of hand. While these can result in a few things getting torched that shouldn’t, they rarely end up with someone getting lit on fire.
Unfortunately for one New Year’s Eve reveler in California, a bartender’s trick gone wrong had that exact effect.
From ABC 7:
Authorities said a bartender poured alcohol onto the bar at Lola Gaspar in the 200 block of West 2nd Street at about 12:30 a.m. and lit it on fire.
I’ve seen quite a few flaming shot tricks in my day, but that’s a new one to me. Flaming Dr. Peppers and other fire-based bar tending tricks are somewhat ubiquitous these days. I’ve even see a dude rip a shot of 151, blow it back out into an open flame, and light a set of shots with fire breath like a damn dragon. But lighting the bar on fucking fire? That just seems like a waste of booze, man.
As you might have guessed, the bartender’s attempt at a cool trick
backfired went horribly fucking wrong. The flames straight up lit a woman’s face and hair on fire. On fire.
I feel terrible for this lady. Going out on New Year’s Eve can be a big enough pain in the ass without getting lit on fire. Here’s hoping she somehow didn’t get hurt too badly, makes a full recovery, and gets free drinks at this place for life.
[via ABC 7]
Image via Shutterstock