Woman Drives Onto Golf Course; Blames GPSby Roger_Dorn 1 year ago
Women still can’t drive, apparently.
Patricia Maione is a special lady, one that will literally follow her GPS wherever it suggests she goes. After crashing her car into a sand trap on Whitinsville Golf Club in Northbridge, Massachusetts on Monday, she told authorities, “My GPS told me to turn, so I did.” First of all Ms. Maione, and with all due respect, your GPS didn’t tell you to turn there. You turned right into a damn cornfield. Instead of stopping and reversing out of there, you decided to see where the field would take you. Did your GPS also tell you not to hit the brakes when you were headed right for a sand trap? What if your GPS told you to drive off a cliff?
Police say she was drunk. Patricia Maione was held on $10,000 bail after pleading not guilty Tuesday to charges including driving with a suspended license and fourth offense drunken driving. There were golfers on the course at the time, but no one was hurt.
At least she was drunk. And I don’t mean that to say it’s a good thing she was driving while intoxicated. I’m just happy to hear she may not be as terrible behind the wheel as the headline would suggest. I’d love to hear Shooter McGavin’s account of the incident if he were present at the time.
“How am I supposed to chip with that going on, Doug?”
- [h/t Hue Jerection]
- [via Huffington Post]
Got a news story that we should know about? Send us a tip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also by Roger_Dorn
- My Thoughts From The Front Row Of The VS Fashion Show
- U of M Pledges Cuffed And Stuffed After Trying To Break Into The Big House
- Sigma Chi Pledge Turns Local News Report Audio Into Badass Hazing House Music
- Hottest Sororities In The United States: Kappa Kappa Gamma, OSU vs. Zeta Tau Alpha, UF
- “Red Lightning” Is FSU’s Ball Boy And He’s Better At His Job Than You’ll Ever Be At Yours