Yeah, that new strategy I decided to go with pivoting my college football coverage into a tightly knit, minute long supercut of the best moments from the weekend over a film score is now the Baylor football of Internet recaps: nonexistent. I guess certain sports programming networks who pay 7.3 billy for the rights to that footage do not take kindly to some jamoke in Austin with mediocre editing abilities putting together a “professional grade” video and slapping his media company’s logo all over it. So it’s back to recording plays off my tv with my iPhone and embedding tweets like the rest of the freeloading world.
Welcome (back) to Jurassic Snark.
Two weeks into the season and your boy is straight stunting on his bookie.
That’s a cool 10-2 on the season and an otherwise meaningless Mike MacIntyre decision to go for it on 4th down up 34 rather than kick a chip shot field goal away from a perfect weekend. You really have me questioning my loyalty to the Buffs with that type of disregard for the spread, Mike.
Now make no mistake, I know how this cruel game works. I know it all too well. Cashing in on college football for the month of September before nose diving back to reality and eventually scrambling to desperately hit on a 2nd half November Pac 12 line at 2 a.m. just to break even on the weekend has become a fall tradition unlike any other. But I’m going to stay
ignorant positive and just enjoy the ride.
5 Biggest takeaways from the weekend
– The old J.T. Barrett can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, cause he’s dead.
– If Bama’s laying 40+, always take the dog shit team to cover.
– Clemson’s defense is nasty enough to repeat with a serviceable Kelly Bryant Jr. behind center.
– It’s going to be a bloodbath in the LA Coliseum next Saturday.
– Take the over on any Lamar Jackson game.
Existential crisis of the week
The highlight reel play you’ve already seen a few dozen times
Nut flex of the year nominee
The thing that made you do a double take
Heads up play of the week
Keeping up with Coach O
Your moment of Mike Leach
AP Top 25
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (1,522 points)
2. Oklahoma Sooners (1,447 points)
3. Clemson Tigers (1,380 points)
4. USC Trojans (1,324 points)
5. Penn State Nittany Lions (1,299 points)
6. Washington Huskies (1,124 points)
7. Michigan Wolverines (1,107 points)
8. Ohio State Buckeyes (1,003 points)
9. Oklahoma State Cowboys (1,002 points)
10. Wisconsin Badgers (993 points)
11. Florida State Seminoles (944 points)
12. LSU Tigers (935 points)
13. Georgia Bulldogs (882 points)
14. Louisville Cardinals (658 points)
15. Auburn Tigers (591 points)
16. Virginia Tech Hokies (559 points)
17. Miami Hurricanes (542 points)
18. Kansas State Wildcats (475 points)
19. Stanford Cardinal (364 points)
20. TCU Horned Frogs (352 points)
21. Washington State Cougars (233 points)
22. South Florida Bulls (188 points)
23. Tennessee Volunteers (159 points)
24. Florida Gators (146 points)
25. UCLA Bruins (119 points)
Special thanks to Tailgate Guys, Hiball Energy, and Natural Light for supporting the TFM tailgate this weekend at the Texas-San Jose State game. You can follow us all season long @Backdoorcoverpodcast on Instagram and submit photos and videos for your chance to win the Natural Light Tailgate Contest. Tailgate Guys hooked us up with a dope spot Saturday and we’ll be there all season long. Tailgate Guys makes tailgating extremely easy and they run game days on 16 campuses nationwide.