======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
I am subjected to at least a dozen sorority recruitment or bid day videos on a daily basis. It’s getting to the point that I’d almost rather put my head through a wall than watch another one.
They all follow the same recipe:
1. Get a semi-current EDM song to start the video.
2. Get B-roll of the house and the girls pretending to like each other (hugging, throwing gang signs, etc).
3. Have the girls bust some awkward white girl dance moves when the beat drops.
4. Throw in some shots of the girls in bikinis to keep things interesting.
5. Stop that, because they want to come off as classy not slutty.
6. Throw in a slow Beyonce song with the girls being studious to drive the point across that they’re really focused on academics.
7. Combine all the above into one big ending montage.
8. Fade to white.
Chi Omega at Ohio University recently produced a shining example of how to execute this formula to a T.
Thankfully, I wasn’t the only one to take notice at how generic and truly terrible these videos have become. Phi Kappa Psi made a shot-for-shot parody, and it is incredible.
If it takes a gender role reversal video like this to stop the madness, then so be it.
Watch the two videos side by side and tell me this isn’t pure comedic gold.
Sometimes it’s all about attention to detail..