======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
TFM is looking for funny, talented, creative writers to join our freelance writing team and help us take over the world, or at least the internet in the 18-26 demo with a penchant for lowbrow humor. Our readers have been, and always will be, the lifeblood of this site’s success and voice, and we’d like to give you a chance to amplify your own unique voices even more.
If you can blow our minds with your writing ability, you will receive an offer to write for us on a regular basis and get paid U.S. currency.
Why this is a great opportunity for you:
1. The Grandex network attracts millions of monthly visitors. If you want to get your work out there, this is your chance.
2. It’s a very fun way to earn drinking money.
3. If you’re an aspiring journalist, blogger, or writer of any sort, it’s a great way to get your foot in the industry door. Alex Buscemi, aka “Boosh,” got his start with us via this process and is now a full-timer at our Austin office. Full bennies, too.
4. “Contributing Writer for Grandex, Inc” can be a great résumé addition, considering our vast audience. We’ll be happy to provide you with any statistics relating to your published work to include on your résumé.
Here’s how the process works (read carefully):
1. Write an original column, not news piece, with a word count of 500-700 words. If it’s a single word under 500, we aren’t going to bother reading it. Your column should be funny, relatable, on-brand, and, most importantly, your own work. This is your chance to show us how funny and creative you are. Seize the opportunity. If you don’t think it stands out from the pack and blows us away, re-work it until it does. Tip: Don’t try to emulate a current TFM writer’s style or specific piece. Be your own person.
2. Create an account on the site.
3. While logged in, submit the column to the site by clicking “Submit” on the top menu bar, then “Column” on the left menu bar. Paste your column in the text field and submit your work.
4. Include your email address in the title, in parentheses, so we can contact you.
If your column is deemed publish-worthy, you will be contacted by our staff to discuss your future as a potential writer for TFM..