Indiana Mom dies after drinking too much water on family vacation

It’s been said that you can never drink too much water, but it’s rare stories like this that beg the differ. Ashley Miller, a 35-year-old mother, died from water toxicity while out in the sun over the Fourth of July weekend. Miller’s brother, Devon Miller, told sources that Ashley and her family were out on the water “Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday,” causing her to be mindful of her hydration. 

Devon also added, “someone said that she drank four bottles of water in that 20 minutes. And I mean, you know, average water bottle is, her bottle of water is like 16 ounces,” Devon Miller said. “So, that was 64 ounces that she drank in the span of 20 minutes. That’s half a gallon. That’s what you’re supposed to drink in a whole day.” Ashley made it home that night but passed out in her garage. She never regained consciousness.

Doctors told the family she died from water toxicity.

Water toxicity — also known as water poisoning or water intoxication — occurs when too much water is consumed in a short period of time or if the kidneys retain too much water due to underlying health conditions.

To comment, fill out your name and email below.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Paige Spiranac Plays Better Wearing Less Clothes

Bet $1 On the Lions vs. Giants & Get $200 In Bet Credits