Apex Legends players, your wait is over. After weeks of leaks, there is now a trailer for the next season of the game — which will begin on Nov. 2.
The latest gameplay video showed off more of the new map — which has been confirmed as “Storm Point” — while also showing off some of the abilities the new Legend, Ash, has.
In a statement, Respawn said this about the new map: “Located on the planet Gaea, Storm Point is a long-forgotten IMC research base and is now home to the Apex Games. It’s our largest map to date, about 15% bigger than World’s Edge, our previous map-size record holder. It features a wide variety of diverse locations, from tropical island hopping to giant mountain slides that allow you to play higher than previous maps.”
Some highlights of the map include:
* The removal of the redeploy balloons, with Gravity Cannons taking their place.
These structures appear to offer a new way of rotating around the map. They also allow players to use weapons and abilities while they’re traveling through the air en route to the landing point.
* There are also added wildlife (prowlers, spiders, and flyers) that call Storm Point home. It appears that defeating them while clearing out new Wildlife Nests will award players with loot and progress towards strengthening EVO Shields.
* More details on the map can be seen here.
As for Ash, players now have some details on her abilities, which all seem to be centered around hunting down enemy teams with a quickness. Her Ultimate allows her to quickly close the gap for an all-in with, essentially, a teleport.
Detailed descriptions of those abilities as as follows:
Passive Ability: Marked for Death
- Ash’s map shows the location of recent deathboxes as well as supplies marks for surviving attackers.
Tactical Ability: Arc Snare
- Throw a spinning snare that damages and tethers the first enemy who gets too close.
Ultimate Ability: Phase Breach
- Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location.