Damn, I hate being wrong … and a teacher in South Carolina made sure that I was. It was about three weeks ago that I made a post pretty clearly stating that we didn’t need stupid media reports warning that people were giving out their edibles to kids.
I made it abundantly clear that no one, and I mean NO ONE, is giving your kids their edibles for Halloween. No one is lacing their sweet tarts with acid. No one is wasting their time nor money to get your 10 year old high.
And then I was proven wrong, by this asshole teacher in South Carolina.
According to the arrest report, Victoria Weiss had a box in her class filled with different candies she claims she got at a local Dollar General. When she went to award two kids for a good days work, one grabbed a Dum Dum lollipop, the other grabbed ‘Stoney Patch Kids’ … a thc-filled tasty treat, with similar packaging to Sour Patch Kids.
Weiss told the kid to put it back and grab something else. The kid didn’t listen — cuz kids are assholes, too — and then took the edible to their afterschool program where they were discovered.
“That’s what concerned me most about the story, the chance the child could’ve eaten these products that are not good for them,” said Susan Spearman, grandmother to one of the students.
“When I first heard, I was really shocked and sad that this teacher lost her job because of a mistake, or an error in judgment, and I’m really sorry for the kids who’ve lost their teacher that they have probably gotten used to and loved the routine she set up for them.”
The 27-year-old teacher was charged with possession of a Schedule I drug after Lexington County police were informed of the situation. She turned herself in to authorities on Oct. 15.
Officers debunked her excuse that there was an innocent mix up at the Dollar General when they executed a search warrant of her house and found a pack of edibles similar to those that were been picked up by the student in the classroom, according to Lexington County Sheriff Jay Koon.
It also makes me out to be a liar, again, because I wrote that not only is someone not going to willingly give up these tasty treats for Halloween, they are not going to confuse them for a real treat.
My edibles aren’t just mixing in with the junkfood drawer. I don’t want my roomates to take them — which again, no one is giving them away! — and I am not going to to accidentally pull out my mixbag of Hershey candy and then go into my bedroom, open my nightstand drawer, and put my edibles into the “Take ONE!” bowl that will be left out.
Apparently this teach did confuse where she put her edibles and for that she deserves to be arrested. That level of being an idiot deserves punishment.
District officials said that Weiss is no longer employed by Lexington School District One, with Superintendent Dr. Greg Little citing ‘the safety of our students is our top priority’.
Per WIS TV, Little added: “It is unacceptable for a staff member to potentially threaten the wellbeing of a child. We will continue to work to ensure all of our children have a safe environment to learn and grow. Rocky Creek Elementary has a sterling reputation which will not be tarnished by the actions of one person.”