in

Man Dies In Missouri After Eating Oysters, 700 Miles Away from Nearest Ocean

Half dozen fresh oysters are served with lemon in bowl with plenty of ice.

A man in Missouri died from eating raw oysters purchased from a seafood stand in St. Louis. The 54-year-old victim contracted “Vibrio vulnificus”, a bacteria commonly found in oysters and other shellfish from warm coastal waters, especially during summer. The man had consumed the oysters from the Fruit Stand & Seafood in Manchester, Missouri, sometime in the past week.

Although there is no evidence that the business contaminated the oysters, health officials advise anyone who recently bought oysters from there to discard them. The remaining oysters at the establishment have been seized for investigation. Symptoms include abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, fever, and chills. Severe illness and death are rare but more likely in individuals with weakened immune systems.

Here is the thing about this guy, I am saddened to hear he passed away but let’s take a look at a map of the United States.

I am not an expert on a lot of things, but I am sure there are no naturally occurring shellfish in Missouri and you’d have to travel a great way to find some. When I say a great way, I’m not talking 2-3 hours, I mean 2-3 states away. I am of the belief that you shouldn’t be eating things that don’t just naturally occur in your state or somewhere near. Some Food Tips:

  1. If you’re in the Midwest, stick to the BBQ, not the oysters.
  2. Do not eat raw seafood in the summer
  3. Avoid “Food Stands”
  4. If the month doesn’t end with an “R”, don’t eat oysters

Written by TFM Stelly

To comment, fill out your name and email below.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ducking Finally: Apple Fixes Autocorrect

Brazilian Stripper Dislocates Man’s Arm With Her Big Booty