Boba Fett is a cool costume and a shitty character — one that is almost every Legacy’s favorite part of Star Wars. There’s not a lot of reasoning behind his popularity, if we are being honest. At best, Fett is a run-of-the-mill hunter… at worst, he is a useless incel anti-Chad.
For those keeping track — or never kept track but want to know why I am saying all of this — Fett was first introduced in the worst Star Wars expansion, its 1978 “Holiday Special.” Something that even George Lucas wants to launch into the sun… From there…
His role in the actual Star Wars triology, is as follows:
* In Empire, Fett barely goes under two minutes of screentime and speaks a whopping four lines of dialogue.
* In Return, Boba is seen for less than one minute and has a single line of dialogue – when he is being eaten.
* His lines are (all together) less than a single tweet. Most lines are one fvcking word!
Here are his accomplishments as a bounty hunter:
* He tracks Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon to Bespin, but after that, he just stops and watches Darth Vader and Lando Calrissian capture the rebels.
* He delivers Solo to Jabba the Hutt — in the second film — and then (apparently) had no where else to be since he was still on the planet for the third film, which leads to…
* His attempt to recapture Solo is an epic failure as he gets rocketed into the side of Jabba’s cruiser, delivers his one line yell, and then rolls down a sandy pit to meet his end.
His longest line was him being Darth Vader’s bitch, “As you wish.”
Anyways, here is the preview of the new series:
The premise of the new Disney+ series seems relatively straightforward. It is built around Boba Fett trying to seize control of the criminal empire left behind by Jabba the Hutt. He continues to be the Beta as he pledges to do so with “respect,” not “fear.”
Lucasfilm had previously made several attempts to give Boba Fett his own placement in the Star Wars catalog – to satisfy people who just want to buy toys and dress like this dude for Halloween. Many suspected they would break down a make a movie — like the Han Solo prequel that did a ton for fan-service but little for the franchise. Once Fett appeared in The Mandalorian Season 2 in 2020 it looked like it was pretty obviously headed for the streaming service — which it now is.
The Book of Boba Fett will get smashed somewhere near The Mandalorian in the Star Wars canon. The upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series is then expected to take place earlier, between the events of Episode III and Episode IV, while the upcoming series Andor is expected to take place around the same time following Cassian Andor as he helps form the Rebellion.
Both of those series are expected to premiere sometime in 2022, along with The Mandalorian Season 3. There are three other series in the works with no release dates yet.
Anyways, simps, enjoy Boba Fett… just know that he sucks. Like you.