Let’s get real for a second. We’ve all had experiences with weed that was supposed to end up with an empty bag of Doritos and a bad comedy movie seeming a lot funnier than it really is, but instead find ourselves feeling way too anxious, freaking out a little bit, and completely regretting the decision. That’s because a lot of people just aren’t using weed frequently enough to get the vibe they’re looking for, but luckily for us, we’ve got Delta 8. We’ve also got Zaza, my personal favorite producer of Delta 8 and Delta 9
What is Delta 8 THC, and How is it Different Than Delta 9?
Delta 8 THC (Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol) is a minor cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. It is chemically similar to Delta 9 THC, the most well-known and commonly used cannabinoid, but differs in its molecular structure by just a few atomic bonds. Delta 8 THC is psychoactive, meaning it can produce feelings of euphoria and relaxation, but it is less potent than Delta 9 THC. It has gained popularity in recent years due to its reported ability to provide a more balanced and clear-headed high, with less anxiety and paranoia than Delta 9 THC.
In simple terms, think of Delta 9, which is “weed” as we know it like an IPA. It’s way stronger than the light beer you should be drinking if you’re just starting out, which is what Delta 8 is. They’re both types of THC, but Delta 8 is perfect for anyone that isn’t picking up an eighth a week and would rather just have a chill night once in a while. A lot like beer, though, there may come a time when you grow into something a little stronger, which is when Delta 9 becomes a great option.
Delta 9 THC is federally illegal, but it is legal at the state level in several cases. Delta 8 is federally legal, but there are a few states out there that don’t allow it. A simple Google search will tell you if it’s legal in your state, but remember that regardless of its legality, it’s still a controlled substance. Just because you can use it doesn’t mean that you should chief a Delta 8 cart and jump behind the wheel. Laws about legality, production, sales, and use are changing constantly, so when you’re using it it’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the laws around it.
Benefits of Delta 8 and Delta 9
We’ve reached a great point in human history. The stigma around marijuana is really going away, which means that people are recognizing the many benefits of Delta 8 and Delta 9. Let’s look at some of the top ones:
- Less Anxiety
- Delta 8/9 products are a great way to relieve stress and anxiety. They allow you to shut off that pesky part of your brain that races and makes you worried. If you’re looking for something to chill you out, I recommend the Purple Punch disposable from Zaza.
- Boost in Creativity/Imagination
- Delta 8/9 products are awesome if you’re trying to be more creative or imaginative. Got a poem to write? I highly recommend Zaza’s Tangie disposable. Sativa strains are awesome for a little bit of heightened focus and creativity.
- Pain Relief/Better Sleep
- Indica strains are awesome for relieving pain and getting you to sleep. If you’re looking to be able to sleep through the night without waking up in pain from a sore muscle after the gym, go for the Midnight Berry Sleep Gummies. Edible forms will last a lot longer due to the way they interact with your body, so this is a great way to get a good night’s sleep.
- Sometimes you just wanna have a relaxing evening. Maybe watch a movie, eat some food, and just hang out. For this, I think the Cereal Milk disposable is the way to go. Hybrids blend the creativity and imagination of sativas with everything chill from an indica, so this is the way to go.
The stigma around weed is gone. Again, it’s important to know your state’s laws around it, but you won’t be looked down upon for using Delta 8 and Delta 9 products like Zaza offers. That means that whether it’s to stop feeling anxious, needing a good sleep, or just wanting to chillax and binge watch South Park, there’s something out there for everyone. Check out all of Zaza’s products and some of their dope merch, too!